Happy Cinco De Mayo dear readers! I love any holiday that serves as an excuse to have yummy drinks, an abundance of chips and salsa, and bright decor. Unfortunately, my drink of choice this year is hot tea, lemon, honey and some sugar. I’m feeling a bit under the weather after my traveling adventures, but I still want to share with you party people my favorite margarita recipe:
Margarita on the Rocks
- 1 cup of tequila
- 1 cup of Triple Sec
- 3 cups of ice
- freshly squeezed lime juice (about 5 or 6 limes)
- freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 lime (sliced 6 ways for decorating glass)
- 1 lime (sliced in half for glass rim)
- Kosher saltDirections: Combine lime juice, lemon juice, triple sec, and ice in a blender. After thoroughly blended, add tequila and blend for approximately 5 more seconds.
Rub the outside rim of margarita glasses with lime half and then dip in a plate of kosher salt. Add ice and drink mix. Garnish with a slice of lime and enjoy!
* Mix should yield approximately 6 glasses.