Yes, it’s finally here! The official arrival of fall happened yesterday bringing perfect 70’s/80’s weather along with it. And, believe you me, I have taken advantage of it. Eating soup, wearing my favorite fall colors, cheering on my football team in my cozy hoodie, acorn hunting, and sharing a beautiful outside dinner with friends in honor of Meg’s 30th birthday. It’s been a fantastic weekend!
Yep, its been great, and I’m looking forward to weeks more of the same. In fact, I’m so excited about fall this year that I have made a bucket list full of fall activities I’m hoping to get to this year. Here is my list thus far (but I’m thinking it may be ever growing!!)
- Go apple picking in the Blue Ridge mountain orchards. This is my ideal spot.
- Have a bonfire with friends! Okay, so here is the problem. I live in the “city” now, so it may be just a group gathering around a small fire pit. That, or I may convince my friends to truck it back to my hometown for an evening of campfires, smores, and storytelling.
- Continue the tradition of October pumpkin carving. Odd side note- I always name my pumpkin a biblical name. Stange? Maybe, but for whatever reason it’s my tradition. Here are some of the past names: Malachi, Hagar, Jezebel, Nebuchadrezzar. Any suggestions for this year’s pumpkin?
- Make caramel apples, apple cider and more pumpkin bread. Mmmmmm.
- Have a DIY day to create some fall decor. Here are some projects in the running: burlap wreath, candy corn bunting,and these cinnamon stick candles.
Do you have any fall traditions? Or maybe something you are looking forward to this fall?